Woke up feeling worse than yesterday, and feeling rather discouraged. You see, I am thinking that every day I will see a remarkable improvement from the day before. Well, I was educated today and shown that that’s not so.
My physical therapist today Abe, was fantastic and I will be seeing him from now on. As if he knew just how I was feeling, he let me know that some days will be worse than others. He said that on the days that I feel great, I need to make sure I don’t over due, and on the days that I don’t feel good, I need to push myself to do more.
- walk around 1-2 min. often throughout the day (doing that already)
- massage the operated thigh several times a day (am getting one of those “ball” thinggy)
- use ice after walking, working out, massages (doing that already)
- doing 5 min. of exercises at a time throughout out the day (doing that already)
- listen to my body (sometimes I listen, other times, I don’t)
Doc, actually the PA said I can take the dreaded stockings off when I’m moving and exercising. So, I took them off for the PT session today. It felt good to not have them on, I felt FREE and Abe agreed. I can do that for the next 4 weeks. …. wearing them “as needed” and always at night.
The recovery continues and it will for about 6 months at the minimum to allow for maximum bone growth and complete healing. Oh well….. as long as I can start driving soon, walking my doggies and walking for exercise, I’m good!!
Now, I just need to get a pedi.